21 Day Fix Recipes – Refrigerator Oatmeal in a Jar
If you’re a busy mom or dad on the go, you know how hard it can be to get out of the house in the morning with a hearty, but healthy breakfast for you and the ones you love. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, since it sets up how the rest of the day will be for us and our bodies!!
Some mornings its a cup of coffee as you run for the car, others it’s a heavy breakfast of eggs and bacon, or that break room donut at the office. We could take the time to pick apart each of the aforementioned breakfast decisions, but we will save that for another post…
(Makes 1 Serving)
Uncooked rolled oats (or use uncooked steel cut oats for more texture) – 1/2 Yellow
Greek Yogurt (1%, plain) – 1 Red
Fruit of choice – 1 Purple
Chopped Almonds or Walnuts (Optional) – 1 Blue
Stevia to taste (Optional)
1/2 cup water
Portion out fruit, yogurt, and uncooked oatmeal. Combine in mixing vessel (mason jars, tupperware, etc.) with water. Shake to combine. Close container and refrigerate over night. Enjoy the next morning!
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Pomegranate and Hazelnuts
Roasting cauliflower brings out its sweet, nutty flavor that pairs beautifully with hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds. Sliced celery adds freshness and crunch. Served atop a bed of arugula and dressed with a delicious cinnamon and allspice dressing, this roasted cauliflower salad is hearty enough to be a main course, and beautiful enough to serve to guests.
Total Time: 50 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 35 min.
Yield: 4 servings
4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
1 Tbsp. sherry (or red wine) vinegar
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground allspice (optional)
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
½ tsp. ground black pepper
6 cups cauliflower florets
2 medium celery stalks, sliced on the bias
¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
2 cups fresh arugula
4 tsp. chopped, toasted hazelnuts
4 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Combine 2 tsp. oil, vinegar, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice (if desired), ¼ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Place cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 tsp. oil. Season with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and remaining ¼ tsp. pepper.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until cauliflower is tender-crisp and browned. Cool.
5. Combine cooled cauliflower, celery, parsley, and dressing in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
6. Divide arugula evenly between four serving plates. Top evenly with cauliflower mixture, hazelnuts, and pomegranate.
Try out some of these great Healthy 21 Day Fix Recipes!