Spring is finally here! Yay! This salad, made with fresh peas, sliced radishes, and a lemon vinaigrette is the perfect way to celebrate the end of winter. I love finding and trying recipes that celebrate the change of seasons.. And this Salad is and awesome way to celebrate the beginning of a new season.. So I hope you enjoy the salad, the new season and the change around us!
Total Time: 27 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 2 min.
Yield: 4 servings
**21 Day Fix = 1 1/2 Green, 1/2 Blue 1/2 Orange 1/2 Yellow** – Enjoy this Fabulous Meal
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups fresh shelled peas
1 head Bibb lettuce (or arugula), washed, patted dry, leaves torn
¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
1 cup thinly sliced radishes
2 Tbsp. shaved pecorino Romano cheese (optional)
1. Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan.
2. Combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Add peas to water; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain.
4. Plunge peas into ice water for about 10 minutes, or until peas are cold; drain again. Set aside.
5. Combine lettuce and mint in a large serving bowl; mix well.
6. Top with peas, radishes, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
7. Divide evenly between four serving plates.
I would love to hear from you to see how you enjoyed this recipe or if you think you might try it!!
Please feel free to follow my blog for more great recipes and other health and nutritional information!