I absolutely love muffins, pies and well, any kind of dessert!! But I always enjoy finding healthier recipes which still allows me to eat what I love.. Enjoy and please post a comment on what you think!!
These blueberry muffins taste—and smell— incredible. One whiff of them fresh from the oven and you won’t be able to wait until they hit your plate!
Total Time: 24 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 14 min.
Yield: 15 servings, 1 muffin each
Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
1 cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
¼ cup wheat germ
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. fine sea salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
½ cup pure maple syrup
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1½ cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Prepare 15 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with spray.
3. Combine flours, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine eggs and maple syrup in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
5. Add buttermilk, oil, and extract; whisk to blend.
6. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
7. Gently fold in blueberries.
8. Divide batter among 15 prepared muffin cups.
9. Bake 13 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
I would love to hear what you think of this awesome recipe.. Please follow my blog for more delicious and healthy recipes and for more nutritional and fitness tips and tricks!