I love exercising.. Well, most days.. I’m not saying I don’t like what exercise and eating healthy has done for my mind, body and soul, but let’s face it.. Sometimes life gets in the way, my son gets sick, I’m tired from late night work assigments or basically, I just may not have the umph to get moving.. But I have developed a few tricks and tips that I use most of the time to help me stay on track.. Please feel free to share, copy and print so you can see these tips every day!! I’m not saying you will wake up every day and jump,out if bed and say “I can’t wait to get those burpees done” but these tips have helped me get and stay motivated and help me motivate others in my group to keep going because the results achieved did not come from excuses, they cam from hard work, dedication and a desire for change.
– Look at exercise as a pleasure and a privilege, not a burden or chore. Think positively about the changes regular exercise will produce. Rather than obsessing about your next meal, get excited about your next workout!
– Focus on short-term fitness goals with an emphasis on completing daily exercise. Don’t think to yourself ” Im gonna lose 50 pounds.” Short goals are great at the beginning.
– Work to take your exercise to new levels of intensity.
– Make it your goal to do some form of exercise 6 or 7 days a week. If some days you exercise once in the morning and once in the evening, even better! If you’re eating right, exercise will fuel your energy level!
– Create an exercise schedule the day before instead of leaving it to chance or waiting to “find” the time. If the last three Presidents of the United States can make time to work out every day, you can make time too! That may be an exaggeration.. But I know full time working moms who manage to “push play” everyday!
– Enjoy contributing to the health of others by having a partner or friends to exercise with, as well as recruiting others who want to feel better and have more energy. Have a neighbor who’s sitting on the porch every morning when you walk by? Ask him or her to join you on your walk! Know a co-worker or sibling or even your spouse who can share this journey with you is better. Joining an online fitness or nutritional group is great for accountability and motivation!
– Avoid monotony by taking up new forms of exercising, or using things that keep you motivated and inspired, like new shoes or great music. Again, sharing your journey with others is great for inspiration.
– Invest in the right tools—good shoes, a portable MP3 player or iPod, fitness equipment, and definitely a new at home fitness/nutritional program, etc.
– Subscribe to fitness magazines or join online fitness groups to keep focused on health as an overall way of life.
– Eat well-balanced meals and remember that excess calories, even if they’re from food that’s fat free and high in protein, will turn to excess weight. No matter what the latest fad diet says, extra calories equal extra weight! A great program that teaches portion control and healthy eating is the 21 Dy Fix Fitbess and Nutitional a Program. Contact me for more details!
– Limit caffeine and exposure to even secondhand smoke.
– Keep a water bottle with you at all times and drink from it often. Water should always be your drink of choice. To kick things up every once in a while, try adding lemon, lime, cucumber, or a few berries to liven up the flavor without adding significant calories.
– Stick with eating plans you can maintain indefinitely. Remember that no matter how hard you’re working out, if you’re consuming too many calories, you’ll never see the muscles that lie beneath layers of fatty tissue.
– Keep a daily log of what you’re actually eating. This includes every time you grab a handful of chips here or eat the crust of your kid’s sandwich there, and ALL of your snacking.
– Enjoy an occasional (once a week) treat, but never an unhealthy week or unhealthy vacation.
– If your diet is unbalanced, take daily vitamin and mineral supplements for total health. A great source of vitamins, dense nutition and dense nutition is found in Shakeology!! Contact me for more details on how you can get your free Sample!!
– Don’t compare your body to others’. Instead, work to be your personal best.
– Move beyond the boundaries of weight loss and into total fitness. Measure success by the way your clothes fit, not some number on a scale. I can not stress this enough..
– Get adequate amounts of sleep, but remember that people who exercise regularly fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly.
– Limit alcohol intake to special occasions.
These ideas are just a base for how you can create a fitness routine, stay motivated and achieve success. For more information on getting started with the right plan for YOU, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help plan out a great fitness or nutritional program suitable for you. It’s Spring which means a time for Change. Please feel free to comment and follow my blog for more great health, nutritional and exercise information and tips!! I can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Happy Exercising!