Just as I promised.. I said I would follow up with my previous blog with ways on how to find yourself. How can you get back on track when you have missed a week of workouts? How can you feel inspired when you were doing great at the beginning of the year, all focused on exercising everyday, eating healthy and losing weight? But then you ate a “cheat” meal, then two and then a whole week’s worth. Or you didn’t feel like working out one day or going to the gym, then felt the same the next day.. Days turned into weeks then months.. Your exercise program or gym clothes began to collect dust..and that was the end of your goal to get that healthy body and mind you set out for yourself at the beginning of the year or even last month.. Believe me I know. Oh, believe me I know!! I used to get completely absorbed in the exercise routines, or going to the gym faithfully. I would stick to a specific diet plan which usually did not allow for the foods I liked so I would follow the program for a while, actually lose some weight and then REWARD myself with a “cheat” meal..Then it would happen. I would eat another “cheat” meal and on it went until I stopped dieting always promising myself that I would start fresh on Monday.. (Instead of tomorrow or with my next meal) Why people say that I don’t know.. tuesday you messed up, then decide to wait almost a whole week to get back on track. Funny!!
Im here to tell you it can be done. You can get back on track. Get support. Get someone who understands. Get an accountability partner to work with you. Join a group. Get me! I can show you how to develop a determined mind to continue with your program. There may be setbacks. It happens.. But you don’t need to give up.
Now that Spring is finally here.. It’s time to get that body back and it’s time to get on with eating healthy and exercising because, hey, don’t you want to be able to feel good about yourself this summer? Don’t you want to feel comfortable in your clothes? Don’t you want to be able to go out and not stay covered up when its 80 or 90 degrees??
When you feel like getting back on track is overwhelming, try one (or more) of these small steps each day.
1. Try a short workout. Even five minutes is better than nothing. For ideas, ask me, I can give you 10 minute to 30 minute e revises to start out with..
2. Try a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right! Ask me about great breakfast recipes I use as well as Shakeology. It’s a great way to start your day and you get all the nutrients you need, feel full longer and get a boost of energy to go on with your day.
4. Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference! Water is so important and the more you drink, the better!!
5. Look at Motivational videos, books, or ask others who are succeeding in their weight loss journey how they are doing it. Better yet, ask me! Seeing how others overcome similar struggles and obstacles can be a great source of motivation.
6. Track your food today. No matter how it adds up, you’ll learn from it. You’ll see what you could eliminate or what can be added. If you would like, I can look at your food diary and help with food and meal prep..
7. Journal. It’s a visual way to track your ups and downs, but also your progress.
8. Share your goals. Whether you post them on the Message Boards or share them with a friend, you’ll be more accountable.
9. Exercise for 10 minutes. Jump rope, march in place, or do some crunches. Small amounts do add up to something big!
10. Find a buddy. Get support from friends, whether you need someone to listen or a mentor to give you ideas and encouragement. Join my free clean eating group starting soon or my online private group where you will get daily motivation and support.
11. Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!
12. Create a motivational collage. Include pictures of your goal and reasons why you want to get there. Take before and after pictures. Take before and after measurements.
13. Go shopping for some healthy foods. If you would like, I can send you copies of clean eating shopping lists..
14. Check the nutrition facts before you go out to eat. That way, you can make an informed choice.
15. Ride your bike. Even a leisurely ride has benefits for your body and mind.
16. Work in the yard. Gardening and yard work is a great way to add activity to your day.
17. Take the stairs. Even if this is the only thing you do all day, you’ll feel stronger for it.
18. Set a goal or multiple goals with a timeframe. When would you like to have lost 5, 10 or more pounds by? Write those goals out and post where you can see everyday!!
19. Listen to an inspirational song. Better yet, make a playlist of them so you can turn to it whenever you need a boost.
20. Find a new fitness or nutritional program. I can help you chose what program would be best depending on your goals and health. Clean Slates are the way to go!!
21. Measure your portions. It’s a simple way to learn how much you’re eating. Im starting a portion control and exercise accountability group March 30th.
22. Eat a piece of fruit. Even if 5-9 servings of fruit and vegetables sounds impossible to you, one is doable.
23. Slow down during meals. You’ll be less likely to overeat and more likely to enjoy your meal.
24. Play! What kids call “play,” we often call “exercise.” Play a sport, a game, or use the playground equipment to bring the fun back into fitness.
25. Learn something new. Sometimes simply taking a quiz or reading an article about nutrition, fitness, or health can change your mindset and get you back on track.
26. Finally, try Shakeology! It’s a great source of nutrition. Contains all natural ingredients. It helps jumpstart weight loss and will provide you with lots of energy and helps you feel full longer! Ask me how you can get your sample today!!
In tennis, losing one point isn’t the end of the world. It happens to the best of them. In fact, if you can consistently win a few more points that you lose, you may end up in the hall of fame. With healthy eating and exercising, as long as you’re consistently out-stepping your steps back, you’re ahead of the game. If you expect perfection (and many of us do), you’re setting yourself up for disappointment and guilt.
You CAN get back on track today. Even if you’re moving slowly, you’ll be moving in the right direction!
Ask me how you can jumpstart your weight loss and healthy eating. There are many options and you do not need to do this alone! Follow my blog and fill out the Contact Me section so I can hear from you and answer any questions you may have. Plus, you will receive my monthly Newsletter!
Click on this link too and fill out. I will send you my Newsletter and other nutritional information!!
Lets get this done!!