Roasting cauliflower brings out its sweet, nutty flavor that pairs beautifully with hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds. Sliced celery adds freshness and crunch. Served atop a bed of arugula and dressed with a delicious cinnamon and allspice dressing, this roasted cauliflower salad is hearty enough to be a main course, and beautiful enough to serve to guests.
Total Time: 50 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 35 min.
Yield: 4 servings
4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
1 Tbsp. sherry (or red wine) vinegar
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground allspice (optional)
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
½ tsp. ground black pepper
6 cups cauliflower florets
2 medium celery stalks, sliced on the bias
¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
2 cups fresh arugula
4 tsp. chopped, toasted hazelnuts
4 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Combine 2 tsp. oil, vinegar, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice (if desired), ¼ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Place cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 tsp. oil. Season with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and remaining ¼ tsp. pepper.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until cauliflower is tender-crisp and browned. Cool.
5. Combine cooled cauliflower, celery, parsley, and dressing in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
6. Divide arugula evenly between four serving plates. Top evenly with cauliflower mixture, hazelnuts, and pomegranate.
Please let me know what you think of this and all the recipes I post. Also any comments on how I can help you or if you have any specific recipes yyou would like to see! I’m here for you, so any reccomendations welcome!
Please complete the link below to be added to my email list for my monthly Newsletter of health and fitness related tips and information as well as tons of health related information!!
Please make sure you leave me a comment as well as contact me so that I can add you to my email,list so you can receive my monthly newsletter that includes tons of health and fitness information and tips and tricks!!